Vintage Memories

Thursday, January 12, 2006

The Antique Cupboard


For several days now I have been getting notes from some of you asking to see photo's of our home. Today I decided to share with you a picture that not only showcases some of my linens but also a glimpse into how we live. This is an old cupboard that I picked up at one of my favorite flea market. When I bought it I knew I was going to have a tough time working it into this little house but I just had to have it. Sure enough, there was no place for it when we got it home. So, we ended up "marrying" it to a piece that my fifth son had made when he was seventeen years old. While the piece he made is painted mustard and the antique piece is chipped white, I still think they work together. As you can see we have hung vintage linen both on the doors and draped them on the shelves. It's filled with pictures of our little ones, tea cups, an old pitcher and bowl that I bought at an yard sale, a German candy box , a candle and an old powder box. My favorite thing about it is the old cotton nightgown hanging from a twig on one door. I never walk by without touching it and wondering about the woman that made and wore it. Keith hates this piece because it hides a large picture window in the room but I love the romantic look it gives. It's here to stay!

1 Comments:

At 3:32 AM, Blogger Illuminated Manuscripts Workshop said...

Hi Vintage Gal: I just signed on to blogger and created the pages. Anyway I also collect antique linens that's how I found you. I was wondering how you make your photos with the beautiful faded edges? Is it a feature available in blogger? Very nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home