Vintage Memories

Saturday, January 14, 2006

The Old Farm Apron


Today I'm taking a step back in time. Suddenly I'm a little girl again going to Grandma and Grandpa's house. A trip to their house always meant I would be spoiled rotten and given my way more than a child should be given. It also meant seeing Grandma in one of these bib type aprons. I can see her now standing at the stove removing a batch of cookies (My Grandma made the BIGGEST, FLATTEST cookies I have ever seen! Think it was all the pure lard she used in them??) using her apron as a hot pad. Then there was the trips to the hen house where the apron suddenly became a "basket" to carry fresh eggs to the house. In my mind when I think of my grandma I see her with an apron on. I hope seeing these aprons will bring some of those old treasured memories to your mind too.

1 Comments:

At 1:28 AM, Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Too pretty to use! The fields behind capture the farm girl feeling!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home