Vintage Memories

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Old Heirloom~~New Heirloom!


Those of you who have known me for years knows my passion for old things. Yes, passion would be the correct term as it's a love affair that rivals none. No matter how worn, rusted or chipped an item is, I can always "see" a new life for it. I do admit that there comes a time when some things can no longer be kept in the state they started in. Such is the case of this old quilt, turned stocking. Although it's worn and darn right thread bare in spots this old quilt has come to life once again. The soft pastel colors are just the right shade for my romantic bedroom. While made as a Christmas stocking it's much to pretty to be brought out once a year so instead it holds a spot on my old washstand all year long. Not a day goes by that I don't get to enjoy the beauty of it. So, if you have an old quilt that can no longer grace your bed, think instead of using pieces of it to make something new. Create your own heirloom out of someone else's!

1 Comments:

At 12:22 PM, Blogger The Tart said...

i have 2 of these
love them
so do my cats

 

Post a Comment

<< Home